Who can file a wrongful death claim?

A wrongful death case is typically filed by the personal representative of the estate. The personal representative can be any “interested party”, but is typically the person or persons who may be entitled to damages or who suffer damages and survive the deceased. That person is typically the deceased’s spouse, children, descendants, parents, grandparents, brothers and sisters, and, if none of these persons survive the deceased, then those persons to whom the estate of the deceased would pass under the laws of intestate succession determined as of the date of death of the deceased. READ MORE